Where Do I Get My News?

Twitter 

In the age of social media, getting your news from an app like Snapchat or Twitter isn't so uncommon. I spend a lot of time throughout the day on Twitter, so it's my go-to for news. When a major event occurs, people go straight to social media to talk about it, so it's an easy way of finding out about breaking news. Twitter has a feature that lists trending topics and popular articles, and also separates tweets into categories such as news, sports, fun, and entertainment. These tweets can come from the everyday person or from verified Twitter accounts such as journalists, politicians, news networks, and more. Although Twitter is a great way to find news quickly, I often follow up by checking out websites of news networks for more valid and detailed information.



Fox News 

One of the most trusted news networks in America, Fox News, is one I often turn to. Ever since I was little, Fox News has been on the TV in my house. I've grown to appreciate Fox News in that it strays away from the "mainstream" media. Most news networks lean to the left in politics, so it's nice to see another view in order to gain a wider perspective. Although Fox News is certainly conservative, they often bring guests with opposing viewpoints on to discuss certain topics.  If I am watching the news on TV, Fox News or a local news network is typically what I will put on.



WBAL / Fox 45 

Being from Maryland, watching local Baltimore stations is the best way for me to catch up on what's happening around me. I find more interest in watching local news because it pertains to me more directly than national news. Although the main purpose of these channels is to share local news, national news is also broadcasted, so it's a good option to check out if you want a variety of information.



Google 

Most people I know just search the internet on the safari app on their phone, but I hate safari with a passion. So, I have the google app. When you open the app, Google lists trending articles as well as articles related to your previous searches. It provides articles from a wide variety of networks, from USA Today to CNN and more. I am on the Google app every day, so I tend to simply scroll down the list to see if any articles catch my eye.


Daily Mail

I wouldn't suggest the Daily Mail to be a go-to news source, but they post articles on the Snapchat Discover feature, so I check it every so often. Many of the articles on Snapchat are about the fashion choices of celebrities, which I find hardly newsworthy. However, they also post some obscure articles. The captivating headlines really pull readers in, and by making readers do a double take and think "wait, what did that say?", an audience isn't hard to build. 







Comments

Popular Posts